THE EMPHASIS ON TOTAL HEALTH CARE
The Health Center at Richland Place
We have created an environment that encourages residents and patients to feel at home. We believe that a patient's comfort and satisfaction are essential to his or her well-being. For this reason, we stray from convention when necessary.
Perhaps our greatest distinction is the area of rehabilitation. We have made a substantial investment in special equipment and furnishings so that our licensed therapist can offer comprehensive rehabilitation programs. We believe that rehabilitative therapies for all patients enhance quality of life.
Health Care Center
The Richland Place Health Care Center offers the following major categories of care:
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Intermediate Care
- General Inpatient Hospice Care
Skilled Nursing Care
The Health Center at Richland Place is licensed as a Skilled and Long Term Care Nursing Facility. We have 107 licensed beds. Our health center is part of our continuing care retirement community (CCRC) and is available to the public. We provide both temporary care, such as during a rehabilitative stay, and long term care as needed.
Our Health Center features 24-hour RN (registered nurse) coverage. We accept most medical insurance coverage according to Medicare guidelines, and we can assist you with long term care insurance policies. We participate in the Medicare program, but do not accept Medicaid as a payment source.
Appropriate candidates for care in the health center are individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Cannot take care of themselves because of a physical, emotional, or mental problems
- Can no longer care for their own personal needs, such as eating, bathing, using the toilet, moving around, or taking medications
- Requires more care than can be provided by their caregiver, and cannot live alone
- Might wander away if unsupervised
- Has extensive medial needs requiring daily attention or monitoring by an RN supervised by an MD
- Is going to be discharged from the hospital and required temporary Skilled Nursing care or rehabilitation before returning home or to a residential facility
- Has been recommended for a Nursing Home by a physician
Services provided at the Health Center at Richland Place
We offer an array of services, in addition to the basic skilled nursing care and the custodial care. We provide a room, all meals, social activities, personal care, 24-hour nursing supervision and access to all medical services as needed.
Basic services include:
- A clean, furnished room (private or shared)
- Dietary services
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Personal (custodial) care
- Therapeutic recreation and activities
- 24 hour on-site medical staff: registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical nurses (LPNs), and Certified Nurse Technicians (CNTs)
- Supervision by an in-house nurse practitioner and physicians whom are on call to consult with staff and visit patients as needed
- Resident evaluation and care planning
- Restorative therapy
- Cable TV
For an additional fee, we provide the following additional services:
- Rehabilitation services: occupational, physical, respiratory and speech therapy
- Pharmacy, laboratory and radiology services
- Dental services
- Podiatry services
- Mental Health services
- Personal laundry service