- About Us
- Helpful Info
Dining, Food Service
The Richland Place Dining Room
The food service and culinary staff of Richland Place wish to make your dining experience a pleasant one. Meal times are not just a time for nourishing your body, but also a time for rich social interactions. With this in mind, a lovely dining room setting has been created, extensive dining hours established, and a varied menu provided for you and your guests. Buffet and restaurant style dining is provided daily, plus take-out service, catering, and room service upon request.
One meal a day is included in your monthly service fee. You may have lunch and dinner for an additional charge. The dining room requires a system for recording and computing meal charges and asks your cooperation with this system by following these simple rules:
- Please wait for the dining staff to assist in seating you allowing us to record an accurate meal count.
- Enter the dining room using the main entrance by the host podium.
- You may eat lunch or dinner [ dining calendars ]. It is not necessary to advise us of your meal choice.
- You may leave through any exit you wish at the end of your meal.
- Please abide by the dining room dress code.
Tray Service for Illness
Tray delivery to your apartment due to temporary illness is available. Call the dining room at least one hour in advance of the mealtime to order your tray. Complimentary service is limited to three deliveries per month then a charge of $3.50 per delivery will be added to your account.
Room service is available to your apartment for an addition $5.00 per delivery. The meal will be delivered on china. Please schedule at least two hours in advance with the Dining Manager.
Special Dietary Needs
Residents with special dietary needs are requested to contact the dining manager or the staff dietitian for advice on ordering their meals. The daily menu offers many selections to accommodate restricted diets.
Dining Room Reservations
Reservations are required for parties of five or more as there is a limited amount of table accommodations. A waiting area is available for walk in parties of five or more if immediate seating is not available. Please make reservations a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Reservations and responding RSVPs are also strongly suggested/required for special-occasion meals to aid the staff in preparations such as insuring adequate seating, staffing levels, and food quanities.
The food service department is capable of providing numerous catering services for residents and their guests. For a catering menu and further information, please contact the dining manager two weeks in advance.
Your guests are always welcome to dine with you at Richland Place. It is customary for residents to accompany their guests. Please note that a caregiver on duty is not considered a Dining Room guest. Please contact the dining manager for further arrangements and reservations.
Sunday Brunch is a special event at Richland Place. A bountiful selection of salads, breakfast and lunch entrees and desserts are available for your selection from the buffet. Dining hours are 11:00am until 2:00pm. Please make reservations for parties of five or more people with the dining staff by 6:00pm Saturday evening. There is a limited number of tables that accommodate the larger parties; therefore, walk in parties are welcome. Immediate seating may not be available.
Continental Breakfast is served Monday through Friday in the Soda Shop.
Dining Room Dress Code
It is the policy of Richland Place that residents and their guests adhere to the following dress code for the dining room.
Gentlemen are asked to wear a jacket and ladies are asked to wear a dress, pantsuit or dressy coordinates for dinner, Sunday brunch, and certain special events and holidays. Teenage boys or younger are asked to wear slacks and a collared shirt and girls to wear dressy coordinates to these meals.
It shall be each resident’s responsibility to ensure that family and friends coming for meals, special events and holidays follow these same rules.
The lunch hours and Sunday evening hours are a more relaxed and casual atmosphere. A jacket or dress clothes are not required at these meals.
If you wish to order your meal TO-GO, please call the dining room to place your order between 4:00 and 5:00pm. Dinner menus will be on the table outside of the mailroom by 3:00pm daily. For more information regarding take-out, please refer to the Take-Out Policy.
- If you wish to order your evening meal for take out, please call the dining room between 4:00 and 5:00 to place your order for pickup.
- If you cannot place your order during the specified time, please be prepared to be placed on HOLD if you call the Dining Room during service hours.
- Once you place your order, you may pick up any time after 5:00. We will prepare you order beginning 10 minute before agreed pick up time.
- Caregivers may pick up at the back door only.
- For BUFFET meals, you may call in your order, or you may go through the buffet yourself with the appropriate containers.
- You may also ask for a to-go container for any leftover food on your plate at the end of your meal. In consideration of your fellow residents, it is customary that take out meals/buffet to-go, be limited to one (1) choice meal per resident per day. Residents are more than welcome to order/take food for additional meals at the current charge cost of the particular meal.
- All to-go meals will be served in disposable containers. (Room service delivery is available for a small fee)
- Caregivers are not allowed to go through buffets and must wait for a dining partner to attend to their orders.
- A whole fresh fruit display is provided in the front of the dining room. All residents are entitled to one (1) piece of fruit per dining room meal. Fruit is only available for pick up during dining hours.